Previous County Plan
Envision Lancaster County
The county's comprehensive plan is slated to guide Lancaster County until 2030. The Envision Lancaster Comprehensive Plan is comprised of three components: a policy element, a growth management element, and six functional elements.
You can view the six minute companion video to learn more.
Revisions, the policy element, contains the vision and goals of the Lancaster County Comprehensive Plan.
Balance, the growth management element, guides growth through 2030 by establishing a framework for future land use including urban and rural strategies.
Six Functional Elements
- Heritage, the cultural heritage element, provides a blueprint for the creation of a well-organized, smoothly functioning preservation system of Lancaster County's cultural heritage.
- Greenscapes, the green infrastructure element, provides a blueprint for accommodating appropriate growth and development while preserving the region’s most valuable natural resources, native species, cultural assets, and agricultural economy.
- Choices, the housing element, provides a plan to meet the housing needs of all current and future residents regardless of cost or location.
- Tourism, the tourism element plans to increase the economic, social, and environmental benefits of tourism in Lancaster County.
- Connections, the transportation element, provides a long-range transportation plan for Lancaster County. It lays the groundwork for a multi-modal transportation system to meet Lancaster County's needs in the 21st century.
- Blueprints, the water resources element, promotes watershed-based integrated water resources planning and management to protect, conserve, and improve water resources in Lancaster County.