Now accepting nominations for 2024!
Lancaster County Planning is now accepting nominations for our Places2040 Recognition Program, which recognizes individuals, organizations, and projects that implement the Big Ideas in places2040 – the Lancaster County comprehensive plan. This year, we’ve simplified the process! If you fill out a quick nomination form, we’ll do the rest.
Nominate an Individual, Organization, or Project
Anyone can nominate a project, individual, or organization for recognition. For more details, view the 2024 Program Guidelines. You can submit a nomination by:
- Talking to an LCPD staff member
- Submitting an online Google Form
- Completing the Word Document and sending it to the staff member below
Note: Clicking the link above will download the document to your device.
Kip Van Blarcom, Director for Implementation & Outreach
Lancaster County Planning Department
This program recognizes planning projects that demonstrate leadership and effectiveness in implementing the Big Ideas in places2040. Any planning-related projects completed since the adoption of places2040 (2018) are eligible. Whether the projects were led by public, private, or nonprofit groups, we want to hear about them! Examples include:
- Public involvement, outreach, and education
- Conservation, preservation, and revitalization efforts
- Plans, programs, ordinances, and guidelines
- Built projects
- Student projects
- Steps to implement existing plans
Individuals or Organizations
This program recognizes individuals or organizations who have helped to implement the Big Ideas in places2040. Individuals can include everyone from volunteer leaders who overcame a challenge to planning professionals who’ve spent a lifetime making a difference. Individuals and organizations representing the public, private, or nonprofit sectors are eligible. Examples include:
- Neighborhood and community volunteers
- Business leaders
- Elected or appointed officials
- Municipal leaders and members of economic development organizations, heritage and resource conservation groups, and community groups
- Public, private, or nonprofit organizations