Lancaster County Census Information
Please see below for information regarding the 2020 Census, and Lancaster County's efforts to ensure that all residents are counted.
The 2020 Census is vitally important for Lancaster County! The census counts every resident in the United States once every ten years, as mandated by the Constitution. Census data provides the basis for reapportioning congressional seats, redistricting, and distributing more than $675 billion in federal funds annually to support vital programs impacting housing, education, transportation, employment, health care, and public policy.
The Lancaster County Complete Count Committee is forming 5 subcommittees to help improve community awareness and ensure an accurate census count. We would like to invite you and others from your organization to participate in the subcommittee of your choosing.
If you want to help but cannot serve on a committee, please consider becoming a Census Partner. Census Partners participate as they are able. Activities may include distributing census-related information via email or social media, hanging census posters, or posting information about the census on organizational websites.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating in a subcommittee, or in becoming a Census Partner.
Please feel free to forward this information to others who you believe may be interested in assisting with this important, community-wide initiative.
Complete Count Committee Training Materials
Lancaster County CCC Subcommittee Meeting Schedule
- Business & Employers
- Chair: Heather Valudes, Lancaster Chamber
- Meeting: 10am on Monday, October 28 @ Lancaster Chamber, 115 East King Street, Lancaster, PA
- Communication: Media & Arts
- If you are interested in serving on the Communications committee, please let us know!
- Co-Chairs: Dr. Damaris Rau, School District of Lancaster and Lori Leaman, Millersville University
- Meeting: 9am on Friday, October 11 @ Millersville University, Gordinier Hall University Room, 40 West James Street, Millersville, PA
- Co-Chairs: Larry George, County of Lancaster and Terry Kauffman, West Lampeter Township
- Meeting: 2pm on Thursday, October 31 @ the Lancaster County Government Center, Room A, Suite 320 [Please note: this is a room change from Room 104], 150 N. Queen Street, Lancaster, PA
- Lancaster County Hard-to-Count (Including Health, Faith-Based, Social Service, and Community Organizations).
- Co-Chairs: Alice Yoder, Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health and Cindi Moses, United Way of Lancaster County
- Meeting: 1pm on Tuesday, October 22 @ at the Suburban Pavilion, 2100 Harrisburg Pike, Wellness Room, #2 on the 2nd floor
- Lancaster City Hard-to-Count (Including Health, Faith-Based, Social Service, Community, and Neighborhood Organizations).
- Chair: Milzy Carrasco, City of Lancaster
- Meeting: 5:30pm on Monday, November 4 @ at City Hall, 120 N. Duke Street, Lancaster, PA
- Complete Count Committee Meeting
- Meeting: November 20th, other detailsTBA
Subcommittees will meet no more than five (5) times in 2019 and the first half of 2020. These are working subcommittees that will create and execute outreach plans for their constituencies, with a special focus on hard-to-count communities. Activities may include creating materials for census partners, sharing census information at meetings or events, and using new and existing networks and forms of communication to reach out to everyone in Lancaster County.