Bicycle & Pedestrian Planning
Lancaster Active Transportation Plan (Now Available!)
The ATP is available for public review and comment from 2/15 – 3/22! This plan is a joint effort of the Lancaster County Planning Commission, the Lancaster Intermunicipal Committee, and the City of Lancaster. It offers recommendations to create an interconnected network of pedestrian, bicycle, and transit facilities throughout Lancaster County – including on-road and trail corridors. The plan lays out a bicycle and pedestrian network for Lancaster County, a detailed bicycle network for Lancaster City, and proposes three trail projects in central Lancaster County: the Greater Lancaster Heritage Pathway, the Northeast Greenway Extension, and the Engleside Greenway. It also includes recommendations, policies, and programs to implement the plan.
- Full Plan (Low-res, Chapters 1 -7)
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Existing Conditions
- Chapter 3: Public Input
- Chapter 4: Lancaster County ATP Network
- Chapter 5: Lancaster City Bikeway Network
- Chapter 6: Greenway Feasibility
- Chapter 7: Implementation
- Appendix A: Design Guidelines (low-res)
- Appendix A (Hi-Res)
- Appendix B: Plan Review
- Appendix C: Community Outreach
- Appendix D: Implementation Reference
We would love to hear your thoughts on the plan! There are many ways to provide input:
- Attend the ATP Open House on March 4, from 5-7pm, at Lancaster City Hall, 120 N Duke Street, Lancaster, Pa (Enter from Marion Street). More info here.
Visit http://www.lancasteratp.org/public-input.html and offer your comments via the online mapping tool
Contact Mike Domin at 717.299.8333 or email@example.com.
Mail comments to:
Lancaster ATP, C/O Mike Domin
Lancaster County Planning Commission
150 N Queen Street, Suite #320
Lancaster, PA 17603
Bicycle & Pedestrian Transportation Plan Phase II 2004
- Bicycle and Pedestrian and Transportation Plan - Phase II
- Implementation Schedule
- Map 1 Bicycle and Pedestrian Attractors
- Map 2 Bicycle Level of Service (BLOS)
- Map 3 Sidewalk Coverage
- Map 4 Prioritized Bicycle System
- Map 5 Prioritized Pedestrian System
Bicycle MapClick here to view the Lancaster County Bicycle Map . A printed bike map may be available at bike shops around the county, as supplies last. The bike map is anticipated to be reprinted following the completion of the county's Active Transportation Plan, which is currently underway.
Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC)
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) is an advisory committee to the county's Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) regarding bicycle and pedestrian issues related to the county's transportation planning process. You may view agendas and minutes for this committee online.
Listed below is the current membership of the committee.
|Organization/Interest||Member||Appointed Date||Term Expires|
|Development Community, Bike Commuter||Bill Swiernik||1/1/2018||` 12/31/2019|
|Cycling Educator||Bill Hoffman||1/1/2018||12/31/2019|
|City Resident, Pedestrian||George Tobler||1/1/2018||12/31/2019|
|Health, Pedestrian||Brenda Buescher||1/1/2018||12/31/2019|
For a complete list of MPO memberships, please refer to the Transportation Planning page.