Bicycle & Pedestrian Planning
Lancaster Active Transportation Plan
The Active Transportation Plan document is available below.
The ATP is a joint effort of the Lancaster County Planning Commission, the Lancaster Intermunicipal Committee, and the City of Lancaster. It offers recommendations to create an interconnected network of pedestrian, bicycle, and transit facilities throughout Lancaster County – including on-road and trail corridors. The plan lays out a bicycle and pedestrian network for Lancaster County, a detailed bicycle network for Lancaster City, and proposes three trail projects in central Lancaster County: the Greater Lancaster Heritage Pathway, the Northeast Greenway Extension, and the Engleside Greenway. It also includes recommendations, policies, and programs to implement the plan.
- Executive Summary
- Full Plan (Low-res, Chapters 1 - 7)
- Full Appendices (Low-res, Appendix A - E)
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Existing Conditions
- Chapter 3: Public Input
- Chapter 4: Lancaster County ATP Network
- Chapter 5: Lancaster City Bikeway Network
- Chapter 6: Greenway Feasibility
- Chapter 7: Implementation
- Appendix A: Design Guidelines
- Appendix A (Low-Res)
- Appendix B: Plan Review
- Appendix C: Community Outreach
- Appendix D: Implementation Reference
- Appendix E: Memorandum: City of Lancaster - Chestnut and Walnut Street Recommendations
*Unless a file is specified as low-res, it is high resolution.
Bicycle & Pedestrian Transportation Plan Phase II 2004
- Bicycle and Pedestrian and Transportation Plan - Phase II
- Implementation Schedule
- Map 1 Bicycle and Pedestrian Attractors
- Map 2 Bicycle Level of Service (BLOS)
- Map 3 Sidewalk Coverage
- Map 4 Prioritized Bicycle System
- Map 5 Prioritized Pedestrian System
Bicycle MapClick here to view the Lancaster County Bicycle Map . A printed bike map may be available at bike shops around the county, as supplies last. The bike map is anticipated to be reprinted following the completion of the county's Active Transportation Plan, which is currently underway.
Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC)
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) is an advisory committee to the county's Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) regarding bicycle and pedestrian issues related to the county's transportation planning process. You may view agendas and minutes for this committee online.
Listed below is the current membership of the committee.
|Organization/Interest||Member||Appointed Date||Term Expires|
|Development Community, Bike Commuter||Bill Swiernik||1/1/2018||` 12/31/2019|
|Borough Resident, Multimodal Engineer||Will Weismantel||4/22/2019||12/31/2020|
|Cycling Educator||Bill Hoffman||1/1/2018||12/31/2019|
|City Resident, Pedestrian||George Tobler||1/1/2018||12/31/2019|
|Health, Pedestrian||Brenda Buescher||1/1/2018||12/31/2019|
If you are interested in joining or learning more about BPAC, please contact Kristiana Barr at KBarr@co.lancaster.pa.us.
For a complete list of MPO memberships, please refer to the Transportation Planning page.