Subdivision & Land Development Reviews
The Municipalities Planning Code grants the authority to regulate subdivision and land development to counties and local municipalities. When a local municipality has adopted its own SALDO, then, as per §301.3, 502(b) and (c) and 607(e) of the MPC the municipality is required to submit subdivision and land development plans to the County Planning Agency (Lancaster County Planning Commission) for advisory review.
Staff conducts advisory reviews for development proposals in all 60 municipalities, which have adopted their own SALDO.
MOU Plans are agreed upon by LCPC and specified review municipalities, and are eligible for an expedited review by LCPC Staff.
- MOU Municipalities
- LCPC Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines
- Community Planner Municipal Assignments Map
- Community Planner Municipal Assignments Table
- Lancaster County Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance (Repealed Oct. 7, 2015)
- Application with Fee Schedule (UPDATED)- Download or print the application to accompany all subdivision or land development submittals and DEP planning module submittals.
- Electronic Plan Submission (NEW) - Request access and submit plans using our SharePoint site.
- Electronic Plan Recording (NEW) – Minimum requirements to use the eRecording process. IMPORTANT: You must have an account setup with Simplifile (an ACH for the Recorder of Deeds) to use this process. If you would like to setup an account, please contact Simplifile at 1-800-460-5657.
- Checklist for Applicants - Minimum requirements for complete plan and DEP sewage planning module submission to LCPC
- Schedule of Application Fees - Prior to Oct. 7, 2015 - See Schedule of Application Fees (Revised) below
- Schedule of Application Fees - (Revised) - Modified to remove the approval plan review fees that no longer apply since the repeal of the County's subdivision and land development ordinance
- Minor Plan MOU Checklist - MOU Plans are agreed upon by LCPC and specified review municipalities, and are eligible for an expedited review by LCPC Staff. This checklist lists five eligible types of MOU Plans as well as the items needed for submission.
- Minor Plan MOU Technical Review Form - The Technical Review Form may be completed by the municipality to satisfy the requirements for an MOU Plan submission.
- MOU Certificate - This certificate is used on all expedited MOU reviews.
- LCPC Subdivision and Land Development Certificate